Enjoy competitive rates, lower fees, and outstanding service.
Joining a credit union is a wise financial decision. By becoming a member of Allegius Credit Union, you become a member-owner of an organization that can help improve your financial wellbeing and achieve your financial goals. How can Allegius do that?
- Great Products: Open a Kasasa® account — and enjoy free checking with rewards. Pursue a personal project or dream with an affordable personal loan — or simply boost your purchasing power with a Visa® credit card from your local credit union.
- Timesaving Services: Managing your money has never been easier, thanks to free services like mobile banking and e-statements.
- Complete Financial Care: We don't call it quits at high-dividend accounts and low-rate loans (though we have those too). Enjoy financial planning, affordable insurance, and more.
- Exclusive Perks: Surcharge-free ATMs, nationwide shared branches, and Blueprint Member Rewards are just a few of the benefits Allegius members enjoy.
Ways to Join
1) Work at One of Our Select Employee Groups (SEGs)
Many employers offer Allegius membership as a company benefit. Not sure if your employer offers credit union membership? View a list of our Select Employee Groups.
Allegius Credit Union Select Employee Groups
The following companies are Select Employee Groups (SEGs), participants who offer credit union membership as a benefit to employees.
- Employees of Cleveland-Cliffs Inc., headquartered in Burns Harbor, Indiana
- Employees of Bulk Transport Corp. who work in Michigan City, Indiana
- Employees of Five J’s Services Inc. dba Engravables and/or Duneland Specialties who work in Valparaiso, Indiana
- Members of the Independent Cat Society headquartered in Westville, Indiana
- Members of the International Longshoremen’s Association Local 2038 headquartered in Portage, Indiana
- Members of the Local Union 6787 headquartered in Chesterton, Indiana
- Employees of Mittal Steel USA Railways dba Lake Michigan & IN Railways, Inc. who work in Burns Harbor, Indiana
- Employees of Paul Heuring Motors who work in Hobart, Indiana
- Members of the Plumbers Local Union No. 210 headquartered in Merrilville, Indiana
- Employees of Restaurant Management Corporation who are headquartered in Portage, Indiana
- Employees of the Town of Burns Harbor who are headquartered in Burns Harbor, Indiana
- Employees of Hammer`s Restaurant who work in or are paid from Michigan City, Indiana
- Employees of Hearthside Food Solutions who work in or are paid from Michigan City, Indiana
- Employees of Sun Engineering, Inc. who work in, or are paid or supervised from LakeStation, Indiana
- Employees of CycleSport Yamaha who work in, or are paid or supervised from Hobart, Indiana
- Employees of Laborers` International Union of North America Local 81 who work in, or are paid or supervised from Valparaiso, Indiana
- Employees of The Arbors at Michigan City who work in or are paid from Michigan City, Indiana
- Employees of Yesterday’s Treasures who work in, or are paid or supervised from Chesterton, Indiana
- Employees of Allegius Credit Union
Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this credit union; employees of this credit union; persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment; volunteers; members of their immediate family or household; organizations of such persons; and corporate or other legal entities in this charter are also eligible for membership.
2) Become a Member of the Independent Cat Society
The Independent Cat Society is a proud partner of Allegius Credit Union. The Independent Cat Society is a shelter and animal welfare organization, and they exist for the sole purpose of dedicating time and effort to finding permanent loving homes for each unwanted cat or kitten, which crosses their doors in the Northwest Indiana region.
Support the cat society with a $25 contribution at any Allegius office location during the new member process, and not only join a financial institution that is out for your best interest but also helps a worthwhile cause.
3) Immediate Family Members
If you have an immediate family member who is a current member, you're eligible to become a member. Immediate Family is defined as: Spouse, child, sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, stepparents, stepchildren, stepsiblings, and adoptive relationships.
Become a Member Today!
If you qualify for membership, all you have to do is open a Share Savings Account with a minimum $5 deposit.